Beginning Nov. 1, 2017, Research & Development Tax Credit experts Tax Credits Group, (TCG) President Michael Krajcer and Managing Director Bethany Jones-Worner will speak on the topic of the R&D Tax Credit at 6 tax seminar events located throughout Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
This income tax reduction series is an annual fall event sponsored by Cleveland-based cost segregation and energy savings specialists Duffy+Duffy, and is co-sponsored by TCG.
Attendees at this year’s event will learn powerful tax planning tools and strategies to maximizing deductions and credits in order to save significant tax dollars for their clients. Attendees will also receive 5 free hours of CPE credit and continental breakfast. This year’s agenda includes:
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. – Research & Development (2 CPE)
- 10:00 a.m. – Cost Segregation (2 CPE)
- 12:00 p.m. – Repair Regulations (1 CPE)
Event Dates & Locations
- Toledo – Wednesday November 1, 2017 – Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg – 6165 Levis Commons Boulevard – Perrysburg, OH
- Columbus – Monday November 6, 2017 – Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris – 8535 Lyra Dr. – Columbus, OH
- Cincinnati – Tuesday November 7, 2017 – Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash – 5901 Pfeiffer Rd. – Cincinnati, OH
- Detroit – Tuesday November 14, 2017 – Detroit Marriot Livonia – 17100 N. Laurel Park Dr. – Livonia, MI
- Pittsburgh – Thursday November 16, 2017 – DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Cranberry – 910 Sheraton Dr. – Mars, PA
- Cleveland – Monday November 20, 2017 – Crowne Plaza Cleveland South – Independence – 5300 Rockside Rd. Independence, OH
R&D Tax Credit Session
2016 was a groundbreaking year for the Research & Development Tax Credit. With so many new taxpayer favorable changes to the associated legislation and regulations, CPA’s and tax practitioners need to be aware of the new opportunities awaiting their clients.
In their 100 minute session, Krajcer and Jones-Worner will provide attendees with insight on the following topics:
- An understanding of eligibility requirements, including qualifying activities and costs
- An examination of the new R&D Tax Credit PATH Act provisions which include a permanent R&D credit and new Payroll and Alternative Minimum Tax offsets
- New favorable changes to Internal Use Software (IUS) development
CPAs, CFO’s, Accountants, tax preparers or other interested parties can register for an upcoming event session at: http://costsegexperts.com/free-cpe-seminars/ or by phone at 440.892.3339.
Registration and continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. with sessions taking place from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Individuals unable to attend a live event can alternately attend an online webinar session which is scheduled to take place on Friday October 27, 2017. To register for the online event please visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7682600389892031747. *This live webinar session is open to all, but CPE is restricted to parties located within Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana.
About Tax Credits Group
TCG is a specialty tax consulting firm working to help innovative U.S. businesses of all sizes and industry sectors stay globally competitive. With locations in Cleveland, Ohio and Novi, Michigan, TCG specializes in federal and state research credit studies and tax controversy support for small to mid-size manufacturers, software developers, financial institutions and architectural and engineering firms. TCG also specializes in business compliance acquisition work for mid to large-size businesses. Learn more about TCG at www.taxcreditsgroup.com
Duffy+Duffy Cost Segregation is one of the leading Engineered Cost Segregation firms in the industry – performing studies based on case law and IRS guidance using CPAs, architects, construction engineers and construction estimators.
Cost Segregation allows commercial building owners to generate cash flow by accelerating depreciation deductions on their buildings and deferring taxes. An engineering-based Cost Segregation Study is the only method recognized by the IRS to identify Personal Property and Land Improvements contained in a commercial structure.
Duffy+Duffy also certifies the Sec. 179D Energy Efficient building tax deduction as provided by the Energy Policy Act of 2005.